Best Integrated for under $1000

I am in the need for a integrated amp for my Audio Physic Tempo EX's. Tubes or SS or hybrid. Jazz and Classical some Pop.any suggestions?
bro57

Showing 1 response by exertfluffer

I don't know about the Musical Fidelity piece mentioned previously at that price level. However, the older $5k integrated that MF made was simply world class, and the best I've ever heard!..and I've sold some mondo high end gear over the years...that thing was just gorgeous sounding!..migh be worth looking into as Cdc mentioned above.
However, I have dealt in the bargain little Jolida's at that price level or bellow used. For as little as $400-$1000 you can get a sonically superb little Jolida SJ502 or 801 integrated that sounds stellar with the right tubes and even some mod's! I think you'll love the sound with your Physic's! You might check into them. We used to have the jolida hooked up to Some Audio Physic's Tempo III's, and it was quite good. But, you might prefer SS with them, everyone is different.
Personally, I've always found the YBA's to be just "OK" stuff!..not much better than Classe, really. Infact, The Classe integrateds are probably better...but you might try and see. The Plinius is probably a good try for SS