Best integrated for rock music under $1,500?

I'm currently seeking the best integrated amp for playing rock music that I can find for under $1,500 (although I'd really like to find something under $1,000, if at all possible!). The speakers I will be using will likely be PSBs - either the B25 or the M2. The "rock" in question is mostly late '60s/early '70s (e.g. Hendrix, Cream, Byrds, CSNY, Zeppelin, etc.), although I must say I also play some Jazz, Country and Classical as well! In any case, I want an amp that will keep up well with fast-paced stuff and give it some air, vitality and detail in the process.

From everything I've read online so far, I'm considering a Musical Fidelity 3.2 or a Creek 5350SE, although I'm also tempted to go low-budget with the NAD c 352. What do you all think?
suicaine

Showing 1 response by mikerubin

i have a Creek 5350SE and it's a lovely amp that gets harmonics right. However, the ONE form of music for which I will not recommend it is rock. It is because the Creek sounds so reticent and almost "slow" with fast-paced music that I am in the market for an integrated in this price range (or a bit higher one) myself. If you like jazz, chamber music, or intimate acoustic stuff, though, the Creek gets my highest recommendation.