Best Integrated Amp for Maggies MG12

Am new to high-end audio and am considering to get myself a magnepan MG12s. I would like suggestions for a integrated Amp to drive the MG12s. Looking to spend atmost $1000 on a 2nd hand unit. I have been myself considering the Bryston B-60R and the Creek Audio 5350SE.

thx
snaudio
A Wyred4Sound amp is FS here, today. As long as you won't be playing too loud, it will be fine. Terrific amp
I have the MG12's and have tried several different amps with them. What Stanleylocke says above is true. You need an amplifier that can deliever alot of current to really make the Maggies open up.

I ran them with an Assemblage ST-40 Signature tube amp. Sounded great, but the little ST-40 ran out of gas when I tried to push them. Yamaha MX-1 ran them ok, but then I took it to the next level.

It wasn't until I bit the bullet and bought a Classe' CA-2200 until I became aware of what the Maggies are capable of.

For $1,000, try finding a used Classe' CA-200 or CA-201 (the CA-201 may be hard to do for $1k).

Of course these are stand-alone amps and not integrated amps as you stated you are looking for. You mentioned a Wadia for your iPod. Why not put that on the back burner and see instead if you can get into a separate preamp / amp combo instead. More expensive up front, yes, but it allows for alot of flexibility in your system.

I am done buying equipment now. The Classe' will be powering my Maggies for many years to come.

Scott
I'm in a similar boat here, so I'll bump this thread.

My budget extends up to $1500, so I've been looking at the Krell KAV series, the Creek Destiny, the NAD C372, and the Unison Unico SE. I'd love for it to have an MM phono stage, but it's not required.

Any other suggestions?
Good choice...my dealer uses Bryston with Maggies with great success...also carries NAD...and the C372 is very good amp for the money...
i have been using a musical fidelity a3 for a number of years and it does a good job in my smaller listening area (standard size living room).
I listen to a lot of jazz (coltrane, davis, green, morgan, gordon, silver) and some out of mainstream rock (richard thompson, tom waits, los lobos etc.) also like listening to frank and ella. But i will also use my ipod on shuffle with no problems as well. i do not know about the current on the a3 but it is supposed to deliver 170 watts into a 4 ohm load and magnepan said minimum is 100.