Best Hobby related purchase of 2010

I did a lot of horse trading in 2010, since my job sucked, and I didn't have a lot else to do, and I was wondering what the best deal I made, audio-wise was in 2010.

At first I thought buying Bryston BDA-1 after trying a ton of other DAC's, but since I eventually sold the Bryston due to lack of use, that was out.

Then I thought the modded PS Audio GCPH after trying so many great phono stages, but I after considering the surprise when I got the first of 2 expected Def Tech Supercube 1 subs (ended up with only one since it sounded so good). But that made me think maybe I should look at software purchases, and that's where I am for the year.

I got some great Japanese pressings of favorite alums, and a sublime (which is playing right now) pressing of Pink Floyd-The Wall (Radio station copy), and I realized I had a great software year.

So, the best audio hobby purchase of 2010: The Beatles MFSL Box for $600. Albums where pristine, and had the GeoDisc and booklet. A bit yellow on the covers et all but I didn't care. I love this set, and I know many collectors think there are not the best of the Beatles albums, but they are the pinnacle to me.

So anyone want to share their best 2010 audio deal?
macdadtexas

Showing 1 response by kgturner

My best purchase of 2010 took some effort on my behalf, but I ended up with a really good deal. I own a VPI Scoutmaster Signature. I purchased a fully maxed out VPI Scout and then cannibalized a bunch of the accessories from it for my Scoutmater and sold what I didn't need.

After it was all over, I spent $1340 for set of VPI HRX Minifeet, VPI SDS, VPI Superplatter, and a Dynavector DV-20XL. That price includes having the Dyna retipped by Soundsmith (ruby cant./line contact stylus) due a bent cantilever which the Scout's seller (Pantera33) did not disclose or even reimburse like he said he would.