Best Headphone under 1k$?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K2LHB1J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had enjoyed using SoundMAGIC E11C while out of town for 3 weeks on May.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077XDWT7X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I also got HIFIMAN SUNDARA from Amazon 10 days ago to compare it with SoundMAGIC E11C .

Although I will keep SoundMAGIC E11C for travel, I enjoy the sound from HIFIMAN SUNDARA much better.
It sound open and balanced.
I use Chord Dave to drive it.

Now my question is whether there is any headphone under 1k$ which will sound significantly better than HIFIMAN SUNDARA.
I wish to get transparent and open sound out of it with just enough tight bass.
Of course, if it provides wide and deep soundstage, it will be better.
I do not wish to get bright sound.

Can anyone recommend best headphone under 1K$?
thanks in advance
Thomas
128x128shkong78
Geoff

You may like Sundara.

It is a really good deal at 350$ with magical sound although slightly closed on top.

Now I may have to change the subject to "Best earphone under 1k$".

I placed an order for MASSDROP X EMPIRE EARS ZEUS UNIVERSAL IEM based upon following review.

https://headfonics.com/2016/03/the-zeus-by-empire-ears/

Tone onset has an accurate articulation – smooth and fast, and when properly driven Zeus displays excellent dynamics. The combination of its forward center midrange and high resolution creates a clear center image, while accentuating subtle effects of echo and reverberation – making them more present, while contributing to that sense of standing in a great hall. This resolving nature brings detail to the foreground, without having an analytical or bright tone. This reflects quality, as it is technically more challenging than simply ‘turning the light up’.

The soundstage is about average in width, but both tall and deep. It wouldn’t suffice to say imaging is excellent, for it has a precision and 3D feel that reflects an incredible degree of technical engineering. Instrument position is incredibly precise in the different layers spreading along the width and depth of the field, and together with the exceptionally high resolution provides a clear image of the instruments in space. Zeus inherently has a clean background and is highly transparent; although the warmth in the atmosphere is highly sensitive to the source, and can vary accordingly.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I’m in it for the long haul. I can wait another 230 hours for the HE-600S V2 to burn in standing on my head. 🤸🏻‍♀️The hurrieder up you go the behinder you get.

“We will make sell wine before it’s time.”
It seems that all earphones need lot of burn in time of least 50-100 hrs or more.

MASSDROP X EMPIRE EARS ZEUS UNIVERSAL IEM will arrive tomorrow after paying additional 15$.

But I can expect to do serious comparison between three earphones only after Saturday.
More to the point is that it appears HIFIMAN earphones require around 300 hours or more to burn in, depending on how the burn in is achieved. If I were using the burn-in track on my XLO Test CD I imagine I could reduce the number of hours required considerably but, alas, I have no track repeat function so I’m using Kraftwerk, Beastie Boys, Zeppelin, things of that nature. I will not do serious listening or evaluation until after I hit the 300 hour mark, which I expect to do in around three weeks. Please stand by.

note to self: Why on Earth is 300 hours required for burn in? Is it the new single crystal copper cable? Something else?