Best Full Range Speakers @ Around $2000?

I'm looking to put together a "small" system for my den (Int.Amp, CD Player, Speakers) I have a pair of Alon I Loudspeakers that I'm considering using, but they now seem a bit too colored to my ears, especially in the upper bass. I have a Marantz CD-63SE that I'll be using as my CD source. So I just need an Int. Amp and a set of full range speakers that are VERY EASY TO PLACE. My den is about 16 X 20 x 8. My budget for each is around $2000. Any favorites?
deborah1

Showing 1 response by njonker

In my difficult office / workroom, with very little space, I went with Mackie HR824 active monitors, these are bi-amped, two-way monitors with an additional passive base radiator. Amp problem solved, space problem solved, sound problem solved. As long as you are in a situation where you can listen to these in the 'near field', there is nothing that beats em if you ask me. For $1,300 or so a pair, not a bad deal IMO. (One note, the Balanced hookup is meant for pro gear, not audiophile gear, so pin 2 is cold... Need special cable unless you use other pro gear) Niels.