BEST FEMALE VOCAL EVER

HELLO TO ALL...

I've started a BEST MALE VOCAL seperately - if you want to contribute to that, please go that discussion...

I personally think the BEST FEMALE is so much harder than the Best Male, and I already have so many names in mind that I thought I'd wait and see others suggestions.

SO PLEASE OFFER YOU HUMBLE OPINION - BUT PLEASE, offer only one.

THANKS to all who cotribute...
justvintagestuff
@tubegroover "For me, my favorite, range, tone, improv ability which is bottomless and sheer listenability, Sarah Vaughn"

+1.  Couldn't agree more
**If** the question is not intended to encompass opera and classical singers, and **if** the question is not intended to take repertoire into account (those things are not made clear in the OP), my vote goes to Connie Francis.

Regards,
-- Al

Jperry Jane Fielding kind of reminds me of Margaret Whiting who was it seems a bit more famous than some of the now forgotten girls from the 50's in your link, thanks for that!. Check out "Time After Time" by Margaret very 50's style in delivery typical of white female singers from that era. All these are definitely worth checking out in contrast with today's song stylists and arrangements.