Best equip stands

Heard mana is pretty good.Any others?Do these really make a difference.Any great and effective surge suppressors that does not veil the sound?
nreddy
The automobile "break-in" in the first 500 miles you refer to cannot be related to an audio equipment rack. Automobile "break-in" is actually a misnomer if called that. You're talking about a complicated device with fluids, many moving parts, constant maintenance, and countless other specific factors that can be directly correlated to change over time (more than 4 days I might add).

I don't know who told you about "mechanical break-in" of an audio equipment rack, but I'm all ears if this can be proven and shown translatable to an audible difference in the equipment sitting on it. The only problem is that this would be almost impossible to prove which makes me wonder how you are making such a categoric statement despite no conceivable logic behind it.

I would argue that the atmospheric pressure and humidity in you listening room 4 days apart has more to do with your system sounding different than any "mechanical break-in" of the audio rack. I could also come up with a few other more logical explanations for a perceived change in audio system performance over 4 days.
I hate to sound so obtuse but I agree with Labtec, in part. From my experience any time you move a component or unplug it, it will take a few days to settle in again(perhaps capicaters discharging, and need time to fully charge again?), but much past 2-3 days on a component that is already broke in is hard to buy.

If I leave a sistrum rack "loaded" for long enough will it become a precious stone/metal?

I am just kidding, trying to keep this light hearted.
Nreddy- I here they are really good, I've heard them in systems and enjoyed the sound- however they take a while to get and seem somewhat expensive for what you get. I know there are DIY versions available(probably from Jon Risch over at AA) that can by built for pennies on the dollar of what a mana actually costs.

Sorry I missed your question earlier, I don't have a lot of experience with power conditioners in enviroments that I would feel comfortable making suggestions.