Best DVD Player $2000.00 new or used

I have a Pioneer Elite Pro610HD RPTV and a looking for the best DVD Player in the $2000.00 range new or used. I am strongly considering a Proceed PMDT. Video quality is #1 priority. Thanks, Henry
goose89

Showing 2 responses by vectorman67

Goose89, you simply cannot go wrong with the PMDT. It is without equal. As a transport, it is stunning. The depth of subtle detail that this transport can convey simply makes it superior to any transport out there with very few exceptions. I've personally owned other great transports from Theta, EAD and others... but the PMDT is the clear champion.

As a DVD player, it delivers an absolutely beautiful picture (along with its awesome sound). Just make sure you get one with the latest firmware (3.0+). I believe it's up to 3.01. That solved all known issues that had plagued some of the earlier releases. I have yet to come across any issues, new or old.

I've owned Faroudja, Marantz, etc... DVD players. The PMDT is far superior.

The PMDT is the only DVD player or transport that is not based on any pre-existing Pioneer, Sony, Teac, Philips or other major's system, which is the case with all other ultra high-end decks... Theta, EAD, Meridian, etc... The PMDT was built from scratch from the ground up, without any limitations to hamper its capabilities.

Hope this helps.
Russ_I, you have a valid point. Yes, Proceed has been phased out. But Harman has assured me that they will honor the lives of their service warranties on Proceed products.

Goose89, just also keep in mind that the PMDT is engineered like no other deck. It is solid! Heavy! and smooth! When the tray slides out, you can't hear it. It is precise and silent. No motor or gear noise. No tray rattle, whatsoever. The tray itself is carved from one solid piece of aluminum, similar to what Mark Levinson employs on their high-end transports. Not plastic like all the others. It was well worth its $6000 price tag, and at $2000 (give or take) for units with warranty, it's a steal!