Best DVD Player $1000-$2000

Any suggestions for a good DVD player under $2000.00? Also, is it possible to get a good combination DVD player and VCR player? Thanks
marcvictor
I just bought the Arcam DV-89. It's the best I've seen/heard in the price range you're looking
I have the Samsung Pro 1000 HD and it is a huge improvment over my Panasonic56 I had before. The one question I have is about your HDTV, does it have a DVI input? If it does there are some new DVD players coming on the market in the next few months you should look at. Check out www.avsfourm under dvd players.
Into the previous mix I'd throw in the Cal Lab 2500. Can be had for under $1,000 on Audiogon. Best of Luck.

Ken
Hi "Marcvictor":

Personally, I've never bought a DVD Player THAT expensive before.

But now, if I were to buy one today, then I would be taking a close look at these three (and not in ANY particular order either. I wouldn't be disappointed with any of them).

(01). Arcam FMJ DV27 (used).
(02). Denon DVD-5900.
(03). Pioneer Elite DV59-AVi.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with THIS selection.

Good Luck

--Charles--
Another vote for the Arcam fmj27--the one I own. About 14/15 used. Some guy wants 21 for his; an optimist no doubt.
Go with the Denon 5900 or the 9000 --- all the Denon's that use the Silicon Image 504 chip for progressive scan are first rate --- both used prices are withing your range and both are great machines - top notch.