Best Direction/Product Combo DAC/Streamer

Hello, I am wondering if anyone would recommend a combination DAC/Streamer that will also be able to accommodate or allow me to connect my CD Transport?  I often stream music when I am playing background music and as of now have a Schiit Audio Modi as my Dac and an original Bluesound Node as my streamer.  I also run a Cambridge Audio CD transport connected to the Modi.  I would like to puchase a combination product to minimize the number of boxes.  Does anyone have a recommendation?  Thank you in advance.

128x128muaythai

You have the basics of a great streamer set up now,most of what is being suggested are “streamers”but not wireless and pains in neck to use the streamer functionality with awful UI .Assuming  a wirelessly receiving setup is something you require (as do I) I would suggest the often overlooked Sonos Port or Gen 2 connect. You can wirelessly stream your cd music to another room (to another( G2 connect) I understand you are trying to minimize boxes but the port and amp are very small boxes. Based on what you currently have consider a much better dac with inputs for the node and you’ll be very happy. Picture your node atop a ares 2  not much real estate being used really you’ll save a bunch and it will blow most of what being suggested here out of the water…

@verdantaudio 

mconnect is a terrible app would never recommend under any circumstance. JPLAY is a great app for this application.

@sgreg1 i have not tried that app.  Thanks for the tip.  I will find it and see how much better it is.  

Ayre Acoustics EX-8 and their higher priced QX-5 Twenty are precisely what you asked for - streamer, DAC, and digital Hub/preamp that be connected directly to an amplifier. Multiple inputs including Ethernet, USB, optical, S/PDIF. American made, high quality, excellent sound quality with units that often can be upgraded to later  versions at reasonable prices. 

I own three Ayre products and am very happy with their performance and the company’s customer support  

see https://ayre.com/categories/digital/

Thank you all for the ideas.  As for budget I haven't yet come to one because I have no idea of the performance to dollar ratio. For instance I'm guessing an entry is $1000 - $1500 but I have no idea what a good, better, best unit may run.