Best Direction/Product Combo DAC/Streamer

Hello, I am wondering if anyone would recommend a combination DAC/Streamer that will also be able to accommodate or allow me to connect my CD Transport?  I often stream music when I am playing background music and as of now have a Schiit Audio Modi as my Dac and an original Bluesound Node as my streamer.  I also run a Cambridge Audio CD transport connected to the Modi.  I would like to puchase a combination product to minimize the number of boxes.  Does anyone have a recommendation?  Thank you in advance.

128x128muaythai

Showing 2 responses by jsalerno277

@muaythai 

You did not indicate a budget or indicate input output requirements.  I use a Wyred4Sound 10th anniversary DAC and an Aurender 100H server with a Linn Unidisc 1.1.  I believe the Cambridge CXC CD transport only has an SPDIF and Optical out, no USB out.  The transport can go into the SPDIF of the Wyred4Sound for playback or the Aurender for burning or buffering before playback with the Aurender. The Aurender USB out can go to the Wyred4Sound USB in.   Price of combo used is about $4k and new about $8k with the new Aurender 150 which reviews indicate better my 100H.  I find the combo organic and articulate like vinyl without the background noise with dense and three dimensional images, wide stage, excellent timbre and detail, and smooth.  

@muaythai   

Sorry.  Correction.  Both the N100H and N150 only have USB in.  Your Cambridge will need to only connect to the Wyred4Sound.