Best Digital source - HE2005

For the last year and a half, I was on the search for the ultimate digital source out there. I auditioned the Burmester 011, the DCS, and Boulder. All sounded really good, and when it comes to that level, it is really a matter of taste. If you haven't had the chance listening to any of these sources, one has to appreciate that all are excellent. However, in this forum, there is a consensus about the Meitner gear. So, before spending so much money, I had to audition it. I did my way to the HE 2005. As a general role auditions in show rooms have so many limitations, however, I think that I’m able to make this point: Meitner, is a very, very good source. Natural and palpable. However, one of my main reasons to attend the show was to hear the MBL gear. And here come the surprise, at least to me. The MBL (top of the line, 40K) sounded as noting I've heard before. Very realistic, musical as if you could touch the players. I will skip all the audiophilic terms, and get to the point: this is The best source I've ever come across, and by a big margin. If you get a chance to listen, do it!
roy_tirosh

Showing 4 responses by roy_tirosh

Slipkont1, it was the second time I've heard the TAD-1, and once again I was amazed by that speaker.
What did you think about the EMM Labs or DCS vs the MBL digital?
Guys, the dac/transport I heard on day one of the show must have been the mid-price level and not the reference as I indicated before. How can it get better then that?
I also enjoyed the 9007. It’s not on their web-site; I guess it must be a new amp.