Best DACs under $7,000.00

I'm tentatively beginning the search for a DAC upgrade.  Currently, I have Innuos Zen MK3 as a streamer connected via USB to a Denafrips Iris DDC that is connected via I2S to a Denafrips Pontus II DAC.  The Pontus II is excellent but I feel it's the one point where I could gain incremental improvement toward that illusive natural, layered, analog end-of-the-rainbow.  I simply can't / won't spend above $5,000.00 - $7,000.00 on the DAC. The rest of my system:  top-of-line Prima Luna Evo 400 Integrated Amp and a set of Harbeth speakers.  Right now, I'm looking at Denafrips Terminator II or Holo Audio May DAC.  I've never seen an a/b comparison of these two, but both stand out and have a following.  Of course, the unsettling thing is DACs have evolved so much and are still in a blooming state technologically, making it a given that whatever we have today will probably be surpassed by better for less later, like electric vehicles. But that's the nature of the beast.  Does anyone have alternative suggestions in this current climate?

gregjacob

@klh007 yeah I know, I was just confirming I was after that :) I know it does support it

I get it...we all have a limit based on perceptions of value added etc.

I will say that one of the finest DAC's out there is the Bracasti M3.  Around $5,000 new and it definitely elevates the sound quality of music in a noticable way!

Cheers,

Paul

Next round with the Peachtree - it is MUCH better than last time.  I must have tested this at just the wrong time.  Cycling through speakers and still has a tiny bit of etchiness in the treble on the Perlistens.  But noticeably better.  Still don't like it with the Vivids or Verdants.  I can't call this amp neutral but it is nowhere near as bright as it was two weeks ago.   

I spent two more hours testing this.  It is fine.  Sounds good but I legit don't get the giant killer mindset.  Maybe it needs another week?  Maybe it is the speakers I am using.  It's a good amp.  Just not elite and certainly isn't competitive with cost-no-object gear. 

I am curious how this has evolved for other critical listeners.  The one big caveat is this amp is dryer than I like.  I much prefer a more liquid and tubey sound so this is definitely a poor match for my taste.  It is like asking someone to judge a peated whiskey when they prefer Speysides.  I can offer an opinion but if I dislike it somewhat fundamentally, it is tough for me to be fair.  

I have a notes on this listening session I can post but opted not to as it was just too wordy.  

Could anyone who has auditioned the T+A Dac 200 comment on the sound while playing non upsampled redbook CDs, in the range of warm, neutral and bright. 

The DAC looks interesting.  I'm looking for neutral, not too forward.

Thanks!