Best Dac for Jadis Defy and JPL combo?

I have started upgrading my system again and I am going to try and have some patience with my next purchase. I am trying to see what other Jadis owners are using for their dacs.

Right now I am thinking of a major redesign of my main system. I have a good start with Jadis Defy 7 mkII and a JPL preamp.

I have tried a few dacs lately, but nothing has really blown me away. I have tried a Weiss Dac 2, Musical Fidelity TriVista 21, Bryston BD1 and a Valab non oversampling dac.

I have been developing certain beliefs about these dacs and seem to prefer non over sampling dacs more than any other.

What I want to do this my time is to find out what other Jadis owners are using and why.

At this time, I am not using any phono sources, only a Teac VRDS 10 and a Mac Mini. I have a preference for the music server for its ease on use and interesting features. I also own Amarra Software with the key.

So, I am hoping to hear from folks that have a dac that supports toslink, but that is not mandatory. I also own a device that can convert usb to digital coax, but I have not played with that too much yet.

Anxiously awaiting your responses....
128x128mattzack2

Showing 1 response by jay007