Best component video cable under $150?

What are some good quailty component video cables for under $150 (preferably much less if possible). My DVD changer does not have a HDMI output so I need to go component. The audio will be handled via a DH Labs D-75 digital coax cable directly to my AVR.

Thanks for any input,

Scott
asahitoro

Showing 1 response by bignerd100

Though it is blasphemous to say so on this site... cables are not likely to make a huge difference. Audition a $300 set of component video cables from your local dealer along with a $15 set of component video cables. If you can tell a difference then start looking for the ones you like. That money would be better spent on an ISF calibration on the display. This will allow that big bad Sony television to do all it is cappable of. Even with test discs like Avia there is only so much that can be done. An ISF guy will have lots of expensive gizmoes to calibrate the set and more importantly training on how to use those gizmoes. I think that they usually charge less than $300 to do a calibration depending on the display type. If i'm not mistaken the new Sony LCD rear projection televisions are a little difficult for even an ISF guy to work on.

Good luck!