Best cheapo Cartridge

In a bind, I have 2 cartridges that have seen better days.   My Ortofon Jubilee has at least 1500 hours on it and I’m starting to hear a drop in performance.  My Transfiguration Proteus only has 450 hours but is on the fritz and they are OOB.

I have too many irons in the fire to spend alot and need one to hold me over for a while.  Thinking about a MM, like Ortofon or Grado.  Would be mating with a Basis Vector 4 tonearm, Basis 2200 sig, and either Allnic H3000 or ARC PH 5.  Speakers are Thiels.  

Analog heads please give me some advice.   I have no experience with MM or MI or than many cartridges in my system  for that matter.  

pops
Thanks for all the feedback, just what I need.

@onhwy61 retipping is certainly an option.  In addition to SS, Ortofon offers a rebuild service on the Jubilee for a minimum of around $1200.  Not cheap.  

Also considering searching someone to possible repair my Proteus after only 450 hours.  That one burns a bit since for me it was ultra expensive.  Bought that one before I retired!
Dear @pops : I posted about MM cartridges because you ask for but in reality you own two LOMC cartridges that can't be outperformed by MM ones.

I owned the Jubilee and owned the the Transfiguration Temper and Phoenix S and listened the Proteus that is excellent performer.

To fix both great cartridges is the best alternative if you want that high quality level performance.

Other than SS exist other rettipers as Van den Hul or Northwest Analogue (  https://www.northwestanalogue.com/cartridge-repairs.html )
or Expert Stylus and some others out there. So you have option about.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Thanks Raul, that is what I believe as well.  I was hoping a less expensive alternative to the high priced MC's might be an option.

Raul, why/how do you feel that MM cartridges categorically cannot equal or outperform MC cartridges?
Post removed