best CDP for QuadQC24+Quad909+DynoA72

I'd appreciate any help for me finding the best matching CDP to my system consisting of: QuadQC24+Quad909+DynoaudioAudience72, nordost blueheaven IC, inacukstic sc.
my preference for audio system is musicality, detail, soul, naturalness (classical instruments shoul be realistic: harpsichord, violin, guitar, piano, etc.). my listening is mostly jazz, classical, progressive rock.
my selection so far: marantz sa-15, mf a1cd pro, t+a1245r, naimcd5x, rega saturn, primare c30.
is marantz sa-15 RB SQ as good as mf or rega or primare or naim? is sacd SQ of marantz or t+a significantly better than the formerly mentioned RB CDPs' SQ? which would suit the best my sys? which would be a total mismatch? what else could come into the picture?
i need to narrow my list for further audience, but anyhow i won't be able to try out all in my sys...
thanks for your comments in advance.
crimhead

Showing 3 responses by knownothing

Here is my vote for the Naim and Primare. The Saturn can be very good but I find more system dependent. I have not heard that model MF or the T&A. Other MF CDPs (A3.5 and A5) sound pretty good, but nothing remarkable. Nothing else sounds like a Naim.
The redbook performance of the Naim and the Marantz are different flavors. The Marantz is smooth and refined with decent retrieval of details, I would call it "pretty" sounding. The Naim has good detail but adds a dollop of boogie on top of the refinement, I would call it "musical" (the CD5 XS is a significant upgrade from the CD5x, more so than the change from SA-15S1 to SA-15S2). For redbook only, I would choose the Naim. I think I would also prefer the Primare which is somewhere between the two in terms of choosing a side of pancakes with syrup or bacon, to use a breakfast metaphor).

For SACD playback - I mean, is there really a choice? The Marantz playing a well recorded SACD will smoke all the other redbook players if the rest of your system is up to revealing the detail, weight and space available in that format. If SACD is important to you - then I would buy the Marantz. You are probably familiar with all the backstory of that format - if you already have a significant collection of SACDs then this becomes a legitimate choice. If you are thinking of getting into the SACD play at what looks like the last act - not sure it pencils out.