Best cd player under $600 used for system

Hello all,

I'm currently planning on building a system around sonus faber grand piano home speakers. I've grown quite fond of their sound and have read here on audiogon that they pair up well with the musical fidelity a3cr series amp and preamp. I am currently on the market for these 3 components and have been leaning strongly toward the rega planet 2000 for use as a cd player. Ive taken part in some conversations where the rega is described as "bright" and wanted to know if this was the common opinion shared by people here on audiogon. I was also told that "bright" is used to describe that "up front" sound like a full orchestra hall in contrast to "dark" sounding like a smokey jazz club. Personally, I listen to a lot of rock music, and female vocal with small ensemble type music and particularly enjoy that kind of jazz club sound more than the orchestra type sound. In an attempt to sum it all up, I am looking for any cd player recommendations under $600 used which would match well with the musical fidelity components listed above and complements the grand pianos mid range warmth.

Thanks in advance
krazeeyk

Showing 0 responses by chetiar