Best Cd player or Transport for $1000.00 used.

Hello,

I'm in the market for a cd player or stand alone transport(to go with my Simaudio 300D DAC).So far;Ive tested a CEC tl53z,and I was quite imoressed by how analogue sounding it was! I was just today inquiring about an Audionote cd 2x.1x (that has many rave reviews),although just got sold for $900 CAD.My other options are a Bel Canto cd 3t standalone transport,or a Simaudio Nova cd player.At this point,I don't believe I will be able to audition these afore mentioned products,so I will most probably end buying "Blindfold"!
Son in effect any input on these players,or any other at approx 1k used will welcomed! I have immersed myself in full digital (Cambridge media player),connected to laptop I have to admit that steaming audio has really caught my attention! Although I have too many a cd collection to be ready to hang that up just yet!And from people who have purchased,lets say for example a P.S audio Directstream latest upgrade cd transport,I'm hearing that some people could not believe all the information available on cd format that great players can unlock! Of course,Im not in this league of $8000,00 price point,yet,I believe that their exists players that sell for 2k to 3k new, can rival those that retail for maybe 5k new!

Thanks for looking 
128x128zyac39
Go on fleaBay and find one of the old Panasonic ShockWave portable players (like a Discman). They're battery powered of course, so no transformer noise. These will work just as well as any uber-expensive transport and you'll save $1970 to $2970. 
Correction: your savings should hit $10k+ mark! See my collection of Discmans at square-2.com Unlike my Wadia 781i and Naim CDS3 Discmans never refuse to play a CD, hardworking buggers they are! 

P.S. this is what you get when posting digi-tech Q at Music forum ;-)

Try a Rega Saturn: previous to the 'R' version. I think it is one of the better bargains, on the used market. I just want to give you a heads up- I recently had bought a Yamaha S2000, without an audition. It proved to be a little too warm sounding for my system. That is the risk you take without an audition.

You mentioned the Cambridge media player. If you are happy with how it sounds, why not a Cambridge CDP?