Best CD player now made.

I am interested in getting the best CD player out there as one of my digital sources. I have a few candidates but I wanted some other opinions. Any suggestions on the Sony's top player or Mark Levinson, or even the BAT tubed affair. I realise the Transport and the DAC might be superior but I wanted to stay below 5 digits. Thanks,
thomasea1

Showing 2 responses by pmaison0028cf0

I see some of you mentioned the Meridian 508.24 & Naim CDS2. These are definitely great CD players. However, I think there needs to be an addition to that list. This may surprize some of you but the Adcom GCD-750 is remarkable player. And at an affordable price, by audiophile standards, I hardly think it can be beat. Alternatives: Musical Fidelity X-Ray; Alchemist Nexus; Naim CD3.
I see some of you mentioned the Meridian 508.24 & Naim CDS2. These are definitely great CD players. However, I think there needs to be an addition to that list. This may surprize some of you but the Adcom GCD-750 is remarkable player. And at an affordable price, by audiophile standards, I hardly think it can be beat. Alternatives: Musical Fidelity X-Ray; Alchemist Nexus; Naim CD3.