Best CD Player for 800-1500 Used

could you guys help me out? i'm kind of confused choosing what CD player i should use, I already got Dynaudio contour 3, Pre-amp is Pass Labs X 2.5, Amplifier is Pass Labs X150 or X250, so which CD player would match up well with my system? thank you much

Arif
me_ice

Showing 1 response by seekburk

I too own the Quad 99 CDP.I also own a modded(parts connection)Music Hall 25 and a modded(parts connection) Jolida 100.I have not reached the 50 hour mark with the Quad.The more i am listening to this player the more engaging i find it to be as the hours roll by.I am really enjoying it.I also enjoy the other players as well.They are all very good but this Quad has a different presentation that just seems to sound right.It just may end up being the pick of the litter. As Reubent pointed out you also have the added feature of being able to run the amps directly and also the digital input capabilities.I will be utilizing the former once my new SET amps arrive and see how that works out.With an integrated amp the sound is warm and inviting and full and also dynamic.A very nice player indeed so far.