Best Cd Player for $2000 used

I'm looking for a used cd player thats around $2000 dollars. I've considered the Audio Research Cd2 and the Classe CDP-1 anything else I should consider?
tbonephile

Showing 2 responses by whatjd

I have been lucky enough to have the Sony Xa-7Es, the Classe CDP-1, ARC CD-2 and Levinson 39 over the last three or so years. All of these are very good players. The ARC CD-2 was, perhaps, the best balanced overall, and the Classe the most romantic on female vocals..such as Diana Krall. But time has taken it's toll on all of these, and that is why you see so many for sale. Almost any inexpensive DVD player with a Bel Canto DAC-1, or other DAC that upsamples will give better results than any older one box unit. Just another view point....food for thought. Good luck. Jim
I have been lucky enough to have the Sony Xa-7Es, the Classe CDP-1, ARC CD-2 and Levinson 39 over the last three or so years. All of these are very good players. The ARC CD-2 was, perhaps, the best balanced overall, and the Classe the most romantic on female vocals..such as Diana Krall. But time has taken it's toll on all of these, and that is why you see so many for sale. Almost any inexpensive DVD player with a Bel Canto DAC-1, or other DAC that upsamples will give better results than any older one box unit. Just another view point....food for thought. Good luck. Jim