Best Cartridge for $1000-$1350?

Hello... I have an RPM3 turntabe (Sumiko Blue Point No. 2) with a Tube DS preamp (Golden Lion tubes). Im considering upgrading the cartridge. What MC cartridge in the price range of $1000-$1350 works good with this type of turntable/tonearm and preamp? I listen to Classic Rock (40%), Pop (30%), Greek (20%), Jazz/Orchestra (10%). In order of importance: Sonics, Soundstage, Air, Musical, Detail, Frequency Response, I guess the holy grail. Hope you can help. Thanks.
deanshias

Showing 3 responses by jbhiller

I love my ART9.  I like it more than my previous Dynavector that was pricer. If your preamp can handle it then it may be a fit. I use a Manley Chinook pre.  The cart is superb at most any price.  

Soundstage, imaging, bass and clarity are top notch. It was this cart and the Chinook that made my vinyl best digital for me with a clear winner. 
@soundermn,

We are living parallel lives!  I to had a Dynavector that suffered a broken stylus (right off the thing entirely) in an unfortunate accident. Then, like you, I had to replace it.  I bought the ART9.  

I also have an Ortofon 2M Black.  Wonderful cart, but not near the ART9 for my tastes.  
Yes soundermn, I have a Primaluna Integrated, Manley Chinook and the ART9 too!  It would be fun to hear each other's systems.