Best Cartridge for $1000-$1350?

Hello... I have an RPM3 turntabe (Sumiko Blue Point No. 2) with a Tube DS preamp (Golden Lion tubes). Im considering upgrading the cartridge. What MC cartridge in the price range of $1000-$1350 works good with this type of turntable/tonearm and preamp? I listen to Classic Rock (40%), Pop (30%), Greek (20%), Jazz/Orchestra (10%). In order of importance: Sonics, Soundstage, Air, Musical, Detail, Frequency Response, I guess the holy grail. Hope you can help. Thanks.
deanshias

Showing 11 responses by deanshias

Why that one? Cant find too much info on that cartridge. How trustworthy are the sellers on this site?
I have no problem spending more if its worth the difference in value. How are the two different? how does it comare to the Van del Hul that roberjerman recommended? Does it fit well with my turntable/preamp?
All these sound good.. But how do you know how well it works with a Project RPM3 arm and turntable?
I couldn't find much on vinylengine. My question is really which cartridge would go best with the type of music I listen to (mentioned earlier) with this specific tonearm/turntable (Project RPM3) and cartridge character (mentioned earlier) in the price range of $1000-$1350. Its not the cheapest investment so want to make the best choice and everything everyone mentioned here sounds good. 
..and its safe to assume that these type of cartridges would sound that much better than the Sumiko Blue Point No.2 that I use now?
Hana SL Specs:

Stylus: Nude Diamond Shibata
Output Level: 0.5 mv / 1 kHz
Output Balance: <1.5db/1KHz
Vertical tracking force: 2g
Trackability: 70µm/2g
Frequency Response: 15-32,000Hz
Impedance: 30Ω/1KHz
Inductance: 40 µH
Suggested Load Impedance: >400Ω
Cartridge weight: 5g
Cartridge Color: black
So I went to a local dealer and he recommended the Hana SH with my tonearm and preamp. I read some reviews and the Hana SL seemed more to my liking. With my tonearm and preamp.. would anyone here know if the SL would work? Cant really find much online.

Specifications for the tonearm on your RPM 3 Carbon are as follows:

• 10” carbon; aluminium and resin
  • Effective Arm Length: 254 mm
  • Effective Arm Mass: 16 g
  • Overhang: 16 mm
Tube Box DS

- Termination resistor, variable - steplessly 10 ohms to 1,000 ohms
- Statements capacity / resistor - 47 pF, 147 pF, 267 pF and 367 pF * / 47 kOhm
- reinforcement - 40 dB and 50 dB / 60 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio - 93 dBA
- THD<0.1%
- Accuracy of the RIAA equalization curve - Deviation max. 0.5 dB / 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Switchable subsonic filter - at 20 Hz, edge steepness 18 dB / octave
- Input, high level output1 pair RCA / RCA sockets each
- mains connection - Plug-in power supply, 18 V / 1,000 mA DC; 220-240 V, 50 Hz
- current consumption - 490 mA DC, <1 W in standby

Ok.. made the jump for the Hana SL. Now just have to wait a few weeks before all is said and done.. Hope it all works well.. Thanks everyone for your help. Ill keep you guys posted if you want to hear the results.
Its been a while with a follow up with this post. Local audio shop ordered and installed the Hana SL. I dont know what a lot of the other cartridges sound like that everyone mentioned here, but I love the way this sounds. Sonics are smooth and spacious. a lot more detailed that the Sumiko but not over analyzing. Low end is more apparent but not too much. High end is clear, smooth and not fatiguing. Overall a good balance. I dont know how to explain it, but it just has a mature sound. Just wanted to thank everyone for their time and help.  Now..Time to focus on records for a while until the next adventure :)