Best cartridge

Apologies in advance, since I’m certain that topics like this have been posted ad nauseam.. 

While my digital music collection numbers in the tens of thousands of tracks, my vinyl collection is quite modest (50 or so albums). As a result, I’ve never invested much in my TT setup. I recently picked up a vintage Marantz TT and am interested in an updated cartridge to bring it into the 21st century. I’ve got an NAD PP-3 phono preamp I’ll be using which will feed into my Classe CAP-151 integrated. 

Let’s go on the assumption that I know nothing about cartridges, and please just make your best recommendation for a first upgrade that would represent a good value and work well with my other components. 

If this matters, I’ve found the synergy between my JBL Synthesis HDI-1600‘s & Classe Integrated to be quite laid back compared to my Monitor Audio REF 700 PMC bookshelves, and since I’ll primarily be using the JBL’s, if a cartridge can emphasize HF extension, that’s something I’d be interested in. 

Thanks in advance!
128x128dougeyjones

Showing 1 response by solypsa

@chakster
You are correct regarding the need to use advanced stylii, however your statement regarding compliance is an over-simplification.
I find your frequent reminders about the high level of technology and materials in best-of-class late 70s early 80s mm and mi carts useful btw.