Best budget $100 - 200 Phono Pre-amp?

I was wondering which of the "budget" phono pre-amps is best. I am considering the NAD, Pro-ject, Music Hall, Creek OBM8 or the Goldring. Any ideas?
128x128vlad1456
After listening to NAD, Project, and Creek, the Rega fono was the best. Used = $180. Not easy to find though.
spend an extra $25 and get an Antique Sound Labs Mini Phono.

Excellent sounding, and a super bargain.
Hagerman Bugle, although it is a DIY 1/2 KIT. About $100-125 for the 9V battery power. About $175 to build one with the 15V AC power supply. You'd think with parts cost alone you'd be ahead off all the commercial <$200 units and probably a lot of the <$500 ones as well. It's supposed to be in "Black Cube" territory from what I've read.
Rotel RQ970BX. Positive reviews site surprisingly high quality parts and overachieving sound quality. It does sound better than anyone should expect for $200 retail.
Vlad1456, are you DIYer? $200 buys you all the parts necessary to build EAR834 clone.
If you are not, then look into used ones. B&K Phono 10 is not bad.
Post removed 
Stay away from the Rotel RQ970BX. This was my first phono stage and I found it to be noisy and lacking of detail.

I agree with Viridian - find a used Musical Fidelity X-LPS or X-LP2. I had an X-LPS and, for the money, thought it was great.
Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Special Edition $199 right now on the 'Gon.

Have heard/read very good things about it. Lists for $350 or so.
I agree with Nrenter and Viridian: The Musical Fidelity X-LPS is a great inexpensive phono pre. I had one on loan from a dealer two years ago while I waited for a Krell KPE Reference to arrive. It was very smooth, detailed and dynamic, much better than the Parasound ph100 I hed been using up to that point. Plus it has the small military tubes to ptovide that great bloom and warmth quality.
I an mot an expert but, if you dare with the DIY, I'v seen what seems to be quite good. Just go to the following page:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/indiscreto.html

You also have an english version of the page
Is a solid state pre phono, if you want ia a vacuum tube preamplifier here you have one:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/ta/mwpre.html

good luck
Bellari's VP-129 tube preamp - about $160 new.
Single 12AX7 preamp tube. It has a switchable rumble filter and signal mute as well as a 1/4" stereo out for headphones. Nice review from HiFi+ last month. A little utilitarian in styling. Color - Fire Engine Red.
Artmaltman,
As I understand it, and audiogoner "Newbee" might be better at explaining it, the symmetrical structure of a vacuum tube allows for addressing two distinct signal paths. In the case of the VP-129, one would have to count on a high degree of structural symmetry between the two halves for channel balance.
Post removed 
Would this compromise channel separation - either substantially or subtlely? (Or am I asking for too much at $160? for a phono stage? : - )
Art
Artmaltman,

If the stock Sovtech 12AX7 is found wanting, you can always roll another one in. One could always question whether a two tube circuited preamp is providing identical signal handling capabilities without a matched set - and even then ...
The review in HI-FI+ gave it a thumbs up on channel separation, but in the end you're right - we are talking about a $160 (street) phono stage. But for those whose systems don't provide tape outs and headphone jacks, I think this little puppy is worth a look.
Post removed