Best Blu-Ray ANALOG Output - Under $1000?

I am ready to buy a Blu-Ray player and am hoping to get a good CD playing boost in the package (currently I use a consumer-level Sony DVD as a transport with optical digital output to my NAD T770 which utilizes Burr-Brown 18 Bit DACs).

I know the Denon DVD-1800BD is a $500 player that utilizes twin 24Bit Burr-Brown DACs. Some of Sony's players (the new BDP-S360 as an example) also advertize as utilizing 24Bit Audio DAC (how many, what type??).

The Oppo option sounds like it could be a home-run...as it would be great to add SACD capability as well...but when will it be released??

Please offer-up your opinions on any of the above or other hidden gems...Sony ES, etc. My priorities are great analog sound output 1st, up-to-date sound processing (seemingly changes weekly) second, SACD capability third, and internet streaming capability fourth (not required but would be nice).

Thanks for your help folks!

Mark
mwilliford

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

"Mwilliford (Mark)":

Or you could give the Pioneer BDP-51FD a try. I bought one almost three weeks ago. Superb picture and excellent sound. Load times could improve, but other than that, no complaints (so far). On the audio end, my player has Wolfson DAC's (which was one of the main reasons why I chose to get THIS particular player rather than get the newer equivalent...... the same DAC's that Arcam use in their TOL CD Players), which I feel contributes to the excellent sound quality.

It was a $600.00 player when it was released last year, but I got it for less than $300.00 on-line about three weeks ago (shipping included).

I will try playing CD's through mine as well just to see if it can play CD's as well as DVD's and Blu-Ray Discs. If that turns out to be the case, then all will be well. If not, then I will investigate on adding an inexpensive External DAC to supplement it (i.e. -- maybe a Cambridge Audio DAC Magic for around $400.00 or so).

Regards and Good Luck.....

--Charles--