Best Blu-Ray ANALOG Output - Under $1000?

I am ready to buy a Blu-Ray player and am hoping to get a good CD playing boost in the package (currently I use a consumer-level Sony DVD as a transport with optical digital output to my NAD T770 which utilizes Burr-Brown 18 Bit DACs).

I know the Denon DVD-1800BD is a $500 player that utilizes twin 24Bit Burr-Brown DACs. Some of Sony's players (the new BDP-S360 as an example) also advertize as utilizing 24Bit Audio DAC (how many, what type??).

The Oppo option sounds like it could be a home-run...as it would be great to add SACD capability as well...but when will it be released??

Please offer-up your opinions on any of the above or other hidden gems...Sony ES, etc. My priorities are great analog sound output 1st, up-to-date sound processing (seemingly changes weekly) second, SACD capability third, and internet streaming capability fourth (not required but would be nice).

Thanks for your help folks!

Mark
mwilliford

Showing 1 response by bacardi

I think you should look into the Pioneer BDP-09FD flagship universal player. High price of $2200 but have seen it for $1400-1500 online. 7.1 channel audio out, 8 Wolfsen audio DAC's running in dual mode(awesome) for every 7.1 channel, dual HDMI outs-1 for audio-1 for video, BD live ready with 4 gig internal memory, 48bit deep colour, Dolby True HD/DTS-HD, dedicated analogue audio power supply. 16 bit video processing chip. Check it out.......

http://www.canadahifi.com/Pioneer_Elite_BDP-09FD_Blu-ray_Disc_Player_review.php

REGARDS Bacardi