Best Blu-Ray ANALOG Output - Under $1000?

I am ready to buy a Blu-Ray player and am hoping to get a good CD playing boost in the package (currently I use a consumer-level Sony DVD as a transport with optical digital output to my NAD T770 which utilizes Burr-Brown 18 Bit DACs).

I know the Denon DVD-1800BD is a $500 player that utilizes twin 24Bit Burr-Brown DACs. Some of Sony's players (the new BDP-S360 as an example) also advertize as utilizing 24Bit Audio DAC (how many, what type??).

The Oppo option sounds like it could be a home-run...as it would be great to add SACD capability as well...but when will it be released??

Please offer-up your opinions on any of the above or other hidden gems...Sony ES, etc. My priorities are great analog sound output 1st, up-to-date sound processing (seemingly changes weekly) second, SACD capability third, and internet streaming capability fourth (not required but would be nice).

Thanks for your help folks!

Mark
mwilliford

Showing 2 responses by albertporter

I'm also interested in responses to this question, including experiences with sound and image quality.

I own a Pioneer Elite BDP 95FD and I'm getting evenly spaced (vertical) thin red strips against any black background with Blue Ray movies. It's time to buy a second player so maybe suggestions for Mark will bail me out too.
My Oppo has shipped as well, should be in the system for next Tuesday music session.

It's a steal at the price it sells for and I'm still working on getting the new Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD and will compare and post comments when I have both available and broken in.