Best battery type for Nagra PL-P

Has anyone tried to replace the factory provided eight D-cells with another non-Nagra provided battery. NiCd, NiMH etc. Thanks for sharing your experience.
dcaudio
Hello Mcintech:
Thanks for answering my letter.

I am interested in buying 2 sets of batteries, I would like to know the product price plus shipping to Spain

As for NiMh or NiCd not which one is best for the PL-P, advise me

? always connected to the network PLP-CCC3 means every day of the year (day and night) or just when running. "

The Nagra PL-P, Serial Number 5500304, was bought in Lyric Hi-Fi New York
I've always had problems with the batteries.

? Periodicity with which to do a discharge of the batteries ".

Please answer soon

Greetings Rafael

? We accept Paypal "
If the cells are completely flat, leave the PL-P switched "OFF" over night, with the CCC-3 charger connecter and turned "ON". During this period the trickle charge current, 50-100mA, will bring the batteries to a state where the risk of reverse polarization will not occur.

In NagraNews 17, January 1999 " Periodically, about once a month, it is a good idea to completely discharge the internal batteries, until the PL-P stops automatically. Then return the input selector and connect the charger unit to reinitialize a charge cycle."

If PL-P OFF and CCC-3 disconnected, discharge current is - 2mA . INTERNAL BATTERY WILL BE TOTALLY FLAT AFTER 2-3 MONTHS.

If PL-P OFF and CCC-3 connected but in OFF MODE, discharge current is -10 mA, INTERNAL BATTERY WILL BE TOTALLY FLAT AFTER 15-20 days.

If PL-P ON and charger disconnected or OFF, discharge current is - 2.3 A, internal battery will discharge and the PL-P will automatically stop when 10% of the capacity remains. Approximately 1.5 hours.

If PL-P ON and charger connected and switched ON, internal battery receives trickle charge current, and will remain ON permanently.

Charger CCC3 connected and switched ON : switching the PL-P from ON to OFF begins initialization of the charge routine. 0.4 to 0.6 A for 12 hours. After 12 hours the trickle charge current is supplied ."
Good Morning.  Restarting thread as I am up for replacement of my 8 D cells.  Nagra no longer sells the batteries.  Need to buy them  I hear - BatteryPlus.  Any better place?   I am still unsure about if NiCd or NiMh is the "right answer".  Are both of them same voltage?  It appears capacity is about twice for NiMh.  Since I do not run from batteries, does this have any impact?  Thank you.