Best "Bang for the Buck" you have owned?

Yes, the CJ ART, various Audio Research were all great...but I do remember lower priced items that gave much pleasure for their price.

In no order, The Large Advent,  DQ-10, Nakamichi SR receivers,  inexpensive Nordost cables, many tuners giving good vibes vis "FREE" music.  Also, in a different way, the Nakamichi TM radios and SoundSpace systems. 

There was a solid state ARC pre that was very good....ls-12?

And I do  remember "free" listening at some friends homes/systems that were great values. I was exceedingly lucky to have a best friend that bought most of my gear when I was "moving on".  It gave me the chance to listen to what I had had compared to what I currently had....at least once what I had sold to him was better than what my replacement gear was...........the old "live and learn". 

whatjd
I remember putting a nickle on top of the tonearm head shell and getting much better sound. Total cost? You guessed it.
Used B&W Matrix 805, Bryston 1B Preamp

These have never failed, and remain very true to the music. 
Teac A-H01 integrated amp for $330 new. I needed a small, versatile amp for a new living room setup. I tried to replace its built-in DAC with a $299 Musical Fidelity V-90 but the Teac held its own. Before I remembered that incident I was going to nominate the V-90, which likewise held its own in another setup until I replaced it with a PS Audio Directstream. 
AVA super PAS from a kit.  I paid $20.00 for the stock PAS at a pawn shop (Brass Faceplate) in 1987.  The kit was under $200...traded it to Frank for something “higher end” In the mid 1990z.