Best auto-lift/shutoff turntables?

I have a Thorens TD-320 that I bought about a year ago to start my re-entry into vinyl world. Couldn't be happier than listening to records again! Now, with spring in the air, I'm starting to think about upgrading the analog end. As a lazy and forgetful guy, I really want to have the auto-lift and/or auto-shutoff functions. Are there any turntables, new or used, with these functions that will out-perform my TD-320? Thanks.
winegasman

Showing 3 responses by c123666

I have the same question as I, clearly, not sophisticated enough to use a turntable without messing up a needle. I am thinking that an old Yamaha px2 or px3, possibly a PF800 might be the answer. The Dual belt drive turntables were nice units but not better than the Thorens. The Needle Doctor seems to have NOS Dual CS 505 and 435 tables; the 435 is a fully automatic. Sold with warranty and cartridge; ie, ready to plug and play.

carl
Ordered a new DP47F denon along with a DL300 Denon MC cartridge. That'll keep me busy.
Installed a Denon DL103R in the Denon DP47F in conjunction with a Fidelity Research transformer. Tracking force is 2.75g. The rig sounds great is all I can say and the cartridge is not yet broken in.

When I get the DL301 I'll install that on the rb300 arm on the Audio Note TT1 (table) and see how that works out and will post here.