Best amplifier for $1000

I am looking for a NEW power amp to drive my beautifull Ellis 1801b.
My budget: limited to about $1100

After doing thorough research I decided that I need your opinion to confirm or not my findings. It seems to me that there 4 companies that are offering fair value for money: Monarchy Audio, AKSA Aspen, Audio Van Alstine and Odyssey Audio. I am pretty sure that if I will chose any of their products I won't go wrong.

Now, within my budget, I am trying to maximaze the value that I will get, having in mind that I won't need tones of power to drive my Ellis. So, after another month of reading and research I can conclude that the best value for money within a limited budget are (in order):

1. AKSA Aspen 55 with Nirvana Plus Upgrade
2. Monarchy Audio ST-70 PRO
3. OmegaStar 260 EX (AVA)

Unfortunatelly the Stratos seems to be a litlle overpriced compared with the others (in value/price terms).

Now, my question for those of you who had the chance to listen to at least 2 of the 3 from my list: Can you confirm my findings? Can you let me know your opinions?

Thank you very much
rmihai

Showing 1 response by mikesinger

some suggestions of some great solid state amps that are very good but difficult to find (rarely come up used)

pse studio v signature mono blocks- really rare goes for $800-$900 used.... there are also the studio v's mono which are very good also ( it took a $8k pair of classe cam 350 mono's to displace the pse studio v's from my system...

muse-150 mono blocks or 160 mk ii stereo...