Best Amp for my new Speakers?

Hi all,

Need help picking the right amp. Candid feedback is always appreciated.

Background:

Many of you helped decide which speakers to go for a month ago. I found a demo pair of Revel Studio's in mint condition for a once in a lifetime price and that was all it took. I am not going to receive the speakers for about 2 months because I am in the process of moving between 2 homes in dif. states.

When I was at my dealers, I listened to the Pass X600 and the Levinson 432. The Pass seemed bright - may have been the room (I know many people like this combo). The Levinson 432 seemed much more liquid like- I liked the combo, but spent the majority of my cash budget on these speakers. Now I am in a pickle because I cant afford the 432 right now but feel like this may be the right combo.

Here is what I am considering:
1. Levinson 431 (200 watts / channel - concerned may not be enough juice)
2. Roland Model 10 (150 watts/ I have not demoed this combo but have read many favorable reviews / again, is this enough juice?)
3. Proceed HPA2 (A deal on the used market/ how much of a %step down is it from the Levinson 431?)
4. Pass X250-350 (Is it the room or is this really a bight more of a forward sounding combo)
5. Classe CAM 200 or CAM 350 (demo or used/ not sure if this would be a good sonic match?)
6. EAD Powermaster 2000 (800 watts *2 or 200 watts times 5 - power steering or something like that)
6. Other steals/deals that would be a good fit????

Let me know what you think. I have 2 months to find the "right deal at the right price".

Associated gear: EAD 8000 Theatermaster Pre/Pro, Sony SACD xa777es, Pioneer Elite Dvd, Transparent Audio Cables (sold my old Levinson No. 27 - I was certain not enough juice even though I loved the sound of this amp)

Thanks,

Jtee
jtee

Showing 1 response by noble110

Insert the David Berning ZH-270 in place of the HPA2. I have not heard this combo, but a highly respected source advises that the Berning will work very well!