Best amp for B&W Nautilus 804? Looking for advice.

Howdy,

I own a pair of B&W Nautilus 804's and I'm looking for a new (used) amp/preamp to drive them. I'm currently using a Classe CAP-151 which is adequate but I'm looking for more. Looking for a broader, deeper soundstage and a live, real sound (at least as much as my budget will allow).

Right now I'm looking on the used market for one of these three set-ups: 1)Classe 47.5 Pre / CA-301 Power; 2)Krell KRC3 Pre / FPB200 Power; 3) Krell KAV 500i. Any other options in this price range?

Don't have a krell dealer in the area so I can't audition. Hoping anyone familiar with that equipment will offer their opinion.

Thanks all, John
miner

Showing 1 response by claud

I have read a review at AR and have talked with Cary Audio . The best bet is the V 12. Cary has even come out with a balanced preamp to use the V12s balanced outputs. I'm currently using my Classe' CAP151 as a preamp for my Bel Canto EVo 200.2. I know I want the new Cary preamp, but ain't sure I want a tube amp. The BC is soo nice and smooth with detail and the ability to resolve strings like you ain't never heard.My N804s are biwired with Analysis Plus Oval 9.