Best AMP for B&W 804's and REL Storm III?

All,
In process of acquiring a pair of "used" N804's (from Audiogon of course) as part of my basement HT (14x20 room and evenly split between HT amd Music) setup. I will pair the N804's with a REL Storm III sub, NHTM-1 Center, and potentially the NSCM-1 surrounds. I am looking for a used multi-channel amp in the $1500 price range. The following is what I have found to date and are interested in (no specific order):

1. B&K Reference Series 200.5 or 7250
2. Parasound Halo A 52
3. Anthem MCA 50
4. Aragon 2005

Also, I am still trying to decide on a pre/pro (used and in the $1200 – 1500 range) for this setup and are currently eyeballing the following (Again, no specific order):

1. Rotel 1066/1068
2. Anthem AVM-2
3. Aragon Soundstage
4. Adcom GTP-860

Any thoughts in terms of selection and "best pairing" will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gus
gsiokis

Showing 2 responses by gsiokis

Exertfluffer,
I ended up picking up the Rotel 1066....So what your thoughts on the AMP?

Gus
Exertfluffer,
Thanks for the very helpful information. To recap your comments, it sounds to me that the following is your recommendation:

pre/pro and amp combo recommendations

1. Classe SSP25/30 and Classe 150w amp (BTW - which Classe amp?)
2. Krell HTS and Classe amp or the Aragon amp (2005?)
3. Aragon Soundstage and Aragon amp (2005) or the Classe amp

I hope I got it right...please correct me if I did not. Also, doesn’t the Krell HTS “lack” some of the new format capabilities (i.e., DPL II, SACD, DVD-A, etc)?

Finally, as per my previous post, my room is approximately 14x20x8 (basement with three sides poured concrete) and have considered the N805s with the NHTM2, same sub and surrounds. What are your thoughts?

Gus