Best Amp for 2000$ or lower. New or Used

Any recommendations.
doug99
BEDINI CLASSIC 100'S. GO TO THEIR WEBSITE.
We need to know more. Do you already have speakers? If not what is the budget for both? What are your priorities/constraints? Without this info, a recommendation would be pretty meaningless.

Cheers, Spencer
Mark Levinson No. 23 Cost is about $2K used.

It is a SS 200W/ch. amp.

Very refined, powerful and dynamic.
Has great bass extension.

Works great with my Ayre K-1x preamp in bringing out the most in my music.

My Two cents worth.

PS If it matters to you, was a Stereophile Class "A" amp for many years.
Blue Circle BC24(80wpc)Hybrid. A BC28(120wpc)is even better but tough to find under $2000 used.
Forte amps
Plinius 100 MKIII
A Belles 350a. Little known but man will it play music. 250/ch See the review at www.Soundstage.Com
As usual, CarverPro ZR1600. Invest the other $1200 in good discs.
I'm using Canton Ergo 81 speakers. I was using a BK EX 442 amp. I'm looking at the NAD S200 amp. This amp sounded sweet. Its built nicely, or the Sunfire amp.
Doug,
What are the details on this speaker, effiency, etc. I don't see it on Canton's site. From what I can see of the other Ergos, they all seem to need a decent amount of power to drive. Guessing the ss is the way to go. All the recommendations are ss, anyway.
FWIW, I used to own a Sunfire, previously an older NAD. The Sunfire was the stronger performer,but should be for the price difference.
Personally, I'd recommend a Pass Labs Aleph series amp or if 60w of high current tube power is enough, then a BAT-VK60. Cheers, Spencer
bvaudio solid state amp.
I would recommend a used Plinius SA-100 MKIII. Great sounding amp especially in class A. They are quite plentiful between $1500 and $2000 used. I own one and am VERY happy with it. Also a Rowland Model 2. A Model 2 usually is a bit more expensive used $1800 to $2500 used. Drop dead GORGEOUS in appearance. I have one also and am VERY happy with it. It is for sale with a BPS 2. Of course preferences are subjective and your associated components will influence the equation. Good luck!
Get a BAT VK-200 for about $1650. Great powerful 100 W SS amp, runs very hot and is heavily biased. Best amp for the price range (probably with the Plinius) that I have seen.
There is a Threshold s450e for sale right now. I have had one for almost 10 years and it is a gem of an amp. If I could afford to have it as a back up, I would have snatched it the first time I saw it come up on Audiogon. A solid amp.

Disclaimer: Not related in an way to the person selling that amp.

L.
I have a Plinius 8200 Mk I that i use in a second system and I love it! You can find one used for about a grand.