Best all in one home theatre for under $2000

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on Audiogon, so it's good to be back. I would like to simplify my home theatre a bit. Let chords, clean sound, less units. Is there a nice home theatre set up that includes the receiver/dvd as one with some power. I'll run either a 5.1 or 3.1, probably 3.1. Under $2000? Thanks!
128x128knollbrent
These uniboxes are pretty well gonzo the way of the dinosaur ...the decent build were LINN, ARCAM ....

This is a dying breed , You might find the occasional unit on the audio sites (try hifishark) .... ARCAM SOLO MOVIE came in two versions ... The 2.1 and a 5.1 model.

BUT these quality build pieces have two BIG limiting serious issues attached to them_

(1) They are discontinued gear with very "old" technology and non-upgradeable , and thus they won't read/decifer many (most) of the current CODECs in the recent discs vogue in the last 5 years.

(2) the disc transports are old , discontinued, and in the sunset of their mechanical lives (if they still work at all) ,.because they were built to a unibox price point in the first place. Good luck trying to find replacements if you need to repair them.

in today's digital streaming world, they are an expensive nostalgic but archaic and obsolete / very limiting option

I think one is going to have to get a separate AVR and blu ray disc player, but with the modern HDMI cable(which transfers all video and sound) there is no need for lots of cables. One cable goes from disc player to AVR and that's it. It doesn't matter if you want 3, 5, or 7 channels of sound.

Hoping that the OP is also not wanting speakers for the budget mentioned, but I'd suggest a mid range Denon AVR and an Oppo 103, the whole thing should not run over $1500. You can get refurb Denons and Marantz AVRs at Accessories4less.com(no affiliation) or brand new in box if you phone them to check for availability.

And don't spend a lot on the HDMI cables. You may only need one if your display doesn't have an HDMI jack.
Anything with a built in DVD should really be considered "disposable". Consider any dvd with a pair of powered speakers or a really nice soundbar and wireless sub?
Excellent responses everyone. Thank you. Sound Advice is coming over for a free room check. I'm going to run a cd through the sony bluray and see hou it sounds like that. I'm running Klipsch towers and a big center channel. The sub is a Piega. It needs a tweek but not sure where. I'll find out soon!