Best Aftermarket cables for Marantz SA8001?

Hello,
I am in the process of purchasing a used mint Marantz SA8001 CD/SACD player.
I was just wondering if the Marantz SA8001 CD/SACD player responds well to aftermarket power cords under about $150.00, and interconnects under about $230.00?
If so, which interconnects have the best synergy with the 8001, and bring out its full potential?
I am currently stuck between a 1/2 meter Audioquest King Cobra, DH Labs, Kimber Cable Silver Streak, LAT International, and Signal Cable Silver Resolution Reference.
Would you recommend one of these, or have you had better results with some other interconnect with your 8001?
What power cord would you recommend to bring put the full potential of the 8001, and offer the biggest sonic improvement over the stock power cord, if any?
Thanks for your help and recommendations!
audio_girl

Showing 1 response by photon46

A meaningful response is predicated on more than advice about one cable and pc for a single component, everything relates to your preference for the sound of the new Marantz in the context of your system. It's all about synergy with the rest of your equipment. I'd suggest you get your new player, let it break in with stock power cords and interconnects (or cords you have on hand that you are familiar with) and then decide how you'd like to tweak the sound. When I got a new preamp, that's how I approached it. The Signal Cable Resolutions I used were a little bright so I called up Cryo-Parts and asked them their advice. I made up new interconnects from Oyaide PA02 wire and Vampire 800CB rca's. It was just the ticket. Then I added a new Marantz SA11S1 to the mix and I ended up rotating different interconnects to the preamp and the Oyaide/Vampires to the the cd player. "One size fits all" advice about something like power cords and interconnects are usually worthless.