Best A/V Receiver up to $1200.00

What's the best and most reliable and powerful A/V receiver available up to the $1200.00 price range? I'm looking at the Marantz sr-8000, Denon AVR-3300, and the Pioneer Elite VSX-26TX. I've heard alot of reliability issues with the Denon and sound quality with the Pioneer. I'm leaning toward the Marantz. My only reservation is the lack of "bell's and whistles" 7.1 and speaker switching. I've also heard the Marantz amp is far superior to the other's. Thank's Danny
betelgeusba17
You heard right about the Denon, they're junk. I cannot think of one piece of Pioneer gear that I could justify spending $500 on, let alone $1200!! I've never owned Marantz receivers so I can't comment on them. If you want one that will last a lifetime wihout trouble and still sound as good as any other receiver sounds, save up a couple more frogskins and get a Yamaha RX-V2095. Another good choice is the Nakamichi AV-10. Good luck!!
I hear vgood thing about the new onkyo DD receiver.I don't care much for their receiver since i'm was unimpressed w/ their preamp.However,i was told that start w/ the 555 which preamp section is as good as $1000.00. Henry hung
ONE OF THE BEST RECEIVERS THAT I HAVE EVER USED WAS THE DENON AVR3200. STEREOPHILE HT CLASS A (1999) FOR A REASON. YOU CAN GET ONE USED FOR ABOUT $500. SPEND THE REST ON GOOD CABLES. I'M NOT SURE IF THE NEW 3300 WILL BE AS GOOD. ALSO CHECK OUT THE NEW MARANTZ SR-7000. IT'S ONE OF THE BEST VALUE AROUND TODAY. HOPE THAT HELPS.