Best $500 System?

I have a good friend who is going through a lot of stress including financial and health and misses her music. Any thoughts on a "system" that would play CD's only all inclusive including speakers and amps new or used that might give her decent quality music in her home? she is sensitive to clean highs and does not need very loud or deep bass.
128x128gammajo
Sorry about the duplicate entry above.
To get a better idea of how good the NuForce DDA-120 is, check out the rave Sound Stage review when it first came out in 2015, at a list price of $699!  (The Absolute Sound recommended it then too at $699, and continues to do so in 2017)
It seems to me that it was NADs de facto lowering of the list price on the D-3020 from $499 to the widely available street price of $399, that started a big price correction in this category (PS Sprout, etc)
NuForce  cut the list for the DDA -120 from $699 to $499. 
The sale at $299 is just crazy good, great time to be a budget audiophile!
A Play Station 1 is a must as your CD player.  Can find one for $20.00.
This gives you $480.00 for an amp, speakers and cables.  I would look for an NAD C320BEE Integrated for around $200.00 used and a set of Q Acoustics 3020 speakers for around $175.00 used.  This still leaves you $105.00 for decent cables.  This would make a great sounding $500.00 system.  Trust me.

I sent my friend thsi thread and she pulled the trigger and is very happy, thanks for the help - here is what she said.

Thanks Joe! I read all the comments and ended up finding a great buy on self-powered speakers by Kliptsch. I used them in the workshop yesterday and the worked great. And the sound fabulous in the house! Please tell everyone thanks so much for the excellent education and guidance. I looked for the Yamaha mct 040 but no one had one within 250 miles.

The speakers were on clearance with HHG and came with a Kliptsch phonograph. It needs a new needle (maybe needle assembly). Do you want it? We don’t have vinyl any more.

If Volume & Sound are not on her priority list, and if looks actually matter to her, then I would consider this:

Denon DMBSK -- AM/FM Stereo Receiver; Compact Disc Player; Bluetooth Capability (For Her Tablet, Smart Phone & Her PC/MAC); All In One Box; 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers Included (Nothing Extra To Buy; Keeps It Simple Too; & Offers Expandability Later On If She Changes Her Mind) -- $480.00 Plus Shipping

Link:  https://www.amazon.com/Denon-System-Bluetooth-Player-DM41SBK/dp/B072635J3H/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&...

Good Luck and Happy Listening...

--Charles--
I have a Denon and a Harmon Kardon AV receiver plus  a pair of mint JBL 2600 speakers, I will even pay the shipping. Lets hook this Lady up!  Shoot me a pm if interested