Best $500 amp to drive Paradigm Studio 100 V2s?

Hi all - first post here (I think?) Joined a while ago but have been a bystander until now.

I may be acquiring these speakers and I don't think my pair of 70 wpc B&K ST-140s will do them justice. Correct? I hear they really need a lot of power. Would be nice if I were wrong, as I am very happy with them.

Don't really want to spend too much more than $500. Looking for used (as always!)—Bryston 4B (the plain ol' 4B—all the others are $$$!), Anthem MCA 20, maybe NAD? Or... ?

Does anyone know exactly how much power the Studio 100s should have? I realize this may be subjective; I can't find an actual number mentioned anywhere despite combing the internets. North of 100 watts per 8ohms is what it seems like.

Any advice appreciated. The B&Ks are the only separates I've ever owned, so I am pretty much a total newbie to other makes. Open to integrated suggestions as well. Or, would be curious to hear what a good preamp (<$300) pairing would be with whatever amp is suggested (my Adcom GTP-500II is on its last legs).

Thanks!
fixilator

Showing 2 responses by czarivey