Best $500-$700 amp/preamp or integrated

Opinions please.

I will soon be looking for an amp/preamp combo, or intetgrated amplifier for $500-$700 (new or used). The preamp must have a remote that controls volume and source. The solid state amp should have about 70-150 watts/channel. The amp will be driving relatively easy-to-drive 8 ohm speakers. If I go with an integrated design I would like it to have pre-outs for later expansion.

I prefer a somewhat warmer sound, but a transistor amp, not tubes. I may consider a tube preamp. The Bryston B-60r has sounded a little harsh to me when I have listened. I very much liked my Magnum-Dynalab MD-308 that I regretfully must sell. It has a high current design that makes a huge difference in the music. For music I like, see my post here:

forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1093182447&read&3&4&

Has anyone heard the Parasound P/HP-850 preamp --- HCA-750A power amp combination?
key_metric

Showing 2 responses by tripper

Key--I believe the Kandy gear is of lesser construction, i.e. parts refinement, simpler power supplies, and lighter chassis. Still fine values but they offer two lines for a reason. At least they don't make 17 levels of cables! The Kandy CD for $295 should be a fine value if that interests you, and a good match, natch. Good luck in your search.
Don't miss the Roksan Caspian. More power than its 70 watts imply, and terrific sonics, more American cojones than British PRAT, to my ears. The piece worked great with a variety of gear, small, effective remote, standby function, low profile and understated even elegant apprearance. Their is also an Anthem 2 int. up for sale here, 90/145W, headphone jack [tube-derived?], remote, tubes and SF build quality. Good luck, Trip