Best 3 tube preamps under $18000?

I will be pleased to know your opinion, about which can be the 3 best tube preamplifiers, with a price, NEW, under $18.000. I want to use them with SS amplifiers.
emigene

Showing 3 responses by plutos

Agree with Pubul57. Good AVC or TVC passive may beat any active preamp (price no object) in the right system of course.
Otherwise I`d be tempted by Concert Fidelity. This along with Silicon Arts and FM Acoustics are supposed to be the very best in the market.
Yes, Kondo was on my mind also but I can`t recall one that fits 18K retail price. I`m sure that you can find a used one for 18K.
Unfortunately I haven`t had a luck to hear it myself. It just seems to me that many reputable reviewers and other people who have a significant experience with upper class gear are extremely enthusiastic about Concert Fidelity. It also seems that CF gear is not very tubey sounding in it`s classical meaning but is more targeted to open and realistic presentation. So if you are looking to add some some tube warmth and bloom it might not be your first choice.
I´m sure that some members here have had a luxury to hear it so their options will be most valuable.