Best 1,000 complete system for girlfriend ideas

She wants to buy new at Best buy while I am trying to talk her into high end used? She lives in an apartment. She listens to jazz, sting, Sade?, etc. Any Suggestions?
My suggestion
DVD//CD $175 Best buy special
Speakers $300 Kef cresta 2
Amp. NAD $300
Preamp NAD $200
cable EXOS $25
$1,000

Sub later
lance328

Showing 1 response by fujindemon

sounds like a fair budget system, but why are you trying to talk her into anything.
please, i'm not trying to be inflammatory, but my experience is women hate being talked into anything. also, some people really,truly do not give a moments thought to what their music is coming out of, is this the case with your girlfriend? if yes, this is why best buy's and circuit city's exist.
personally i do not care for driving and as long as my car gets me from a to b, i don't think about it beyond that. now my stereo is a different story, i seriously think about that. it is pleasing to know that my listening experience is full of better resolution, tighter firmer bass, sweet mids, a soundstage with depth, etc. if your girlfriend is looking for similar things then take her to a high end shop and let her listen to some systems. if she is an audiophile but just doesn't know it, this experience should bring her out of the closet. who knows, maybe she'll decide that your suggested system does not suit her tastes/needs, which are now in the $2-3k realm. nice thought huh?

please do not take this the wrong way, a new audiophile convert is always nice. for it to be your girlfriend, now that's something money can't buy, too cool, too cool.

respectfully