Berning ZH270 - Wiring Upgrade

I've owned my Berning ZH270 about 6 weeks now, and have made some other notable changes to my system as well - adding new power cables (Electraglide), a new First Sound Presence Deluxe MK II and new Stereovox IC's and biwired spkr cables. These are still breaking in and are already sounding marvellous - silky smooth, highly resolving with very nice, believable imaging and soundstage (though I expect some further improvement in sounstage as thngs break in).

Anyway, I am going to do the "no-brainer" wiring upgrade through Allan Bhagan (quite a useful and friendly "purveyor" of audio knowledge and goods, btw), and I would like to hear from other Berning owners who have done it - what specific improvements they noted. Thanks - Art
artg

Showing 2 responses by oneprof

Art, it will be worth it. It took at least two weeks for mine between shipping and all, and that was early on before a lot of people wanted the upgrade. By the way, I got some very small pieces of the upgrade wire from Allan and used it to jump the positive terminals on my 270's, I cannot BELIEVE the difference in clarity and resolution.
Since I have the monoblocked Bernings I have to jump across the positive speaker terminals on each amp to combine both channels into one. The negative terminals are connected internally. Can't be done with a single 270 running in stereo. I wish there were some other places to use this wire in the amp, but apparently there aren't.