Berning ZH270 Synergy

You often see the Berning ZH270 amp paired with Merlin speakers. What other speakers pair well with the Berning amp? In other words, is it more flexible in this regard than we're led to believe? Thanks.
budrew

Showing 2 responses by sbank

Budrew,
Prior to getting my Merlins, I used the Berning with Quad ESL63USA monitors. I've never heard that speaker sound better than with the Berning.
IMHO, the Berning isn't made to mate with anything in particular, it's just that if you bother to get such an amp, you want to pair it with a speaker transparent enough to let the Berning's strengths shine through. The Merlins are one of the few that pull this off.
The Berning has enough power to drive many speakers, and with variable feedback, the sound can be tailored to personal taste.
I think I'd have to spend quite a bit more to find anything that would satisfy me as much as the Berning does...
Cheers,
Spencer
Nkj,
I used my Berning with Quad ESL63USAs prior to getting my Merlins. IMHO, the Quads have never sounded so good. They will probably be a nice match with the 57s too.
Now go clean some records, while you're waiting ;-)

Spencer