Berning ZH 270 and Power conditioning

Question to ZH270 owners: Do you find your amp sensitive to the quality of AC? I get a little bit of buzz from the amp(and not from the speakers) from time to time. The noise's level and pitch change with (i) different Power Cords connected and (ii) as the other electronics and lights in the listening room turn on or off.

How do you suppose I address this issue? I am anticipating the first answer to be the dedicated circuit, which I'll look into, but what else have you found to improve the Zh270's sound? I am primarily interested in the effect of power conditioning (Hydra, PS Audio, Equitech, etc.) and power cords. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks. BTW, my VERY simple and humbe system consists of:

Reference Audio Mods (RAM) modded SACD1000 w/ 3.0V+ output
RAM silver interconnects
Berning 270
FMS Zero speaker cables
Kharma Ceramique 2.0s

Henry
henry_la

Showing 2 responses by danamc

Can't say I've had a problem with buzzing with my 270. I use a Silent Source PC on my Berning plugged into the analog section of a Sound Application XE-12s power conditioner. I've tried plugging the Berning directly into a dedicated 20A AC line, but feel my system comes together better when all components are plugged into the Conditioner, which is then plugged into the dedicated line with an Elrod Sig 3 PC.

In fact I have Silent Source PCs on all the components in the system: Ayre CX-7 CDP, Joule LA 100 MK3, Berning ZH-270, all connected with Cardas GR ICs.

Good luck!
I've had excellent results using a Sound Applications XE-12s power conditioner with my 270. I have an Elrod EPS 3 Sig from a cryo'd hubble to the conditioner and a Silent Source SIc PC from the analog side of the conditioner tothe Berning. Very Quiet.