Benz Ruby ZH or Wood SM?

Any thoughts or ideas? According to the website http://www.musicalsurroundings.com/cartr.html , these are both now updated to S-Class status but the differences mainly being the Ruby ZH has the Zebra wood body vs the Bruyere wood of the Wood SM. The other difference is the Ruby ZH .7mV has an internal impedence of 80 ohms (pretty high) vs the .8mV Wood SM of only 24 ohms(much better). And of course, a huge difference in price between the two.

All thoughts, ideas, comments are encouraged and welcome.
Thanks
no_regrets
Hello Audioquest4life,

I am glad you are enjoying your new RubyZ. I received my RubyZH on Oct 12th, but sadly only have about 20 hours on it so far. Life is very busy right now with other commitments.

This cartridge is replacing my Benz MO.9, a wood bodied MC with an output of .9mV and one that I had greatly enjoyed.

I loved everything that the MO.9 did....it had excellent body, purity of tone, wonderful balance throughout the frequency range, and great dynamics. The Ruby ZH carries on this "house sound" but with more of everything. The sound of instruments are even more pure, the micro dynamics are very impressive(dialing in the right VTA/SRA really helps with this) and there is more refinement throughout.

As much as I love the ZH right now, I am hoping that it improves even more throughout the break in period. Currently I am running my VTF at 1.903gm/ Antiskating at 1.5 and have it loaded at 1500 ohms (still experimenting with the loading and from past experience will probably vary throughout the break in period).

I'm pleased to hear that you felt the Ruby Z was closer to the LPS than what the original LP was. I think the Ruby Z or ZH will make for a great cartridge for those who cannot handle the extra weight of the LPS.

I will try to update as well after I get some more hours on the cartridge.

Best regards,
Hey Audioquest4Life and No Regrets....updates?
I just put an order in for the Ruby Z...should have it in a week or so! Will update with sound on VPI 10.5i tone arm against Shelter 901.

T
Now that Ruby Zebrawood has been around for several years, does anyone have any comparisons/experiences that they can add?  Thanks!